November 3, 2017

30 until 3-0


I'm 30 days away from turning 30 years old, yikes!

I've been reflecting on my 20's for the better part of 2017 and though I had a bit of a panic attack at the beginning of this year, I'm now quite excited to enter in to the next decade of my life. It's funny, I think we all had this 'image' of what 30 would look like when we were kids, and it's interesting to compare that to what your life actually looks like as a 30 year old woman in 2017.

My main concern about my upcoming birthday was simply that I had a bucket list that I needed to tick off before I hit the big 3-0. I was more concerned about letting myself down than getting older. I'm a firm believer in a Bucket List - whether it’s things to do or places to see, we all have dreams and ambitions we want to follow and writing them down makes them seem more tangible. I've been creating new goals and revising old ones since I started this blog in 2010. In the next 30 days I will be ticking off skydiving and a few other items off of my list, which I will be sharing with you in the coming months (I'd say weeks, but we all know the truth.)

So much has changed throughout my 20's (and yet so many things have remained the same) and I'm so happy to have shared what I have on this blog throughout the years - though I wish I could have shared so much more. Reflecting on this has made me realise how much I value this blog, the memories it holds for me, the people I've met through blogging and the opportunities that have come my way thanks to this little space in the interweb. Thanks to all of you for following along and for inspiring me to keep on truckin'.


On another note: my friend (and very patient photographer) Angie and I were on a mini island tour when we came across this beautiful mural at the former Bathsheba Community Centre, on the East side of the island. These people all played a huge part in this community and this is such a beautiful way to commemorate them. I really wish we had more colorful murals like this across the island 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Skydiving sounds so much fun! Looking forward to following on your adventures! And happy 29 while it lasts =)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig