May 30, 2011

Perception is Reality


Perception is reality.
-A
via torevolution
Sourced from Free Logic

I know a Muslim who came to study in England and was fully covered when she first came. Within a few months she made the decision to dress like a Westerner and got permission from her mother to do so (Her Father never found out) She was beautiful; long legs, glowing skin and a million dollar smile. She wowed a room as she walked in and got a lot of attention. I asked her once if she felt less restricted when she was in England and her response was this: "I feel more respected when I'm covered, men speak to my eyes and listen to what I say. I sometimes cover myself just to run errands because I feel more comfortable." That wasn't quite what I had expected her to say but it just goes to show, perception really is reality.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig