July 18, 2011

Guest Post: Natasha at from Love Design Barbados

Note from Natasha: 

I am so excited to do my very first guest blog! Especially as it’s for one of my favourite blogs, by one of my very best and most talented friends, Malou. I am a Barbadian interior decorator and design blogger. My blog, Love Design*, features interior designers, interiors and up to date design trends. I am especially excited to write about Barbadian chattel houses as it combines both my love for my island and design.
The term chattel house dates back to slavery days when plantation owners in Barbados would buy the houses designed to move from one property to another. Chattel houses are typical homes in the Caribbean and they are still seen today throughout the island in varying colours and styles. Some are adorned with detailed fretwork while others have jalousie shutters, which are designed to keep the rain out while still allowing air to come in. Below are a few of my favourite images of chattel houses thanks to Ins and Outs of Barbados.

Enjoy and lots of love ***

Natasha



Check out my post on "Moroccan Doorways & Details" on Love Design*


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig