September 28, 2011

Window to the World : Dubai

Here's my first "Window to the World" post! I'm so excited to share these photos with everyone as they're all really interesting! I'm posting them in the order in which they were emailed to me :) Enjoy! 

"Mosque in Sharjah City and lagoon with Dubai skyline in background. Quality's not great though, what with all the desert sand stuck to the windows! There's all sorts of meaningful symbolism in there. The chasm of water between modernisation and mosque. The sun and all it respresents blocked out by the ugly new building. Even the cars all queuing up almost leaving the mosque and heading to the new city and setting sun...I could go on all day!"
© Steven Miller (2011)

 xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig