October 20, 2011

Sweet Tweet

This week I entered a blog competition with iStrategy, a bi-annual global digital media conference which is being held here in Amsterdam. Aside from having amazing guest speakers such as Randi Zuckerburg (Facebook) and Jimmy Wales (Wikipedia) the conference will be offering workshops and general strategy advice regarding digital media. All sounds wildly exciting except that this conference is usually for senior business executives and each ticket costs £950! Ouch.

My friend Katerina Tweeted them directly asking them to offer free tickets to media students in Amsterdam to which they swiftly (and cleverly) responded. Gotta love the internet.

They've hosted a competition offering two tickets for the entrant + a friend. To win this coveted prize entrants had to write a 500-word blog/case study on a creative and absorbing social media campaign launched in the last 12 months.
And guess what? My entry made it into the final 4!
We find out tomorrow who the winner is! Fingers crossed....

Here's my blurb on the iStrategy website, discussing the success of Ben & Jerry's "Fair Tweets" campaign. Make sure to check out the other finalists Katerina, Oliver & Carlos!


Wish me luck! Though the case studies are all really interesting, I didn't quite realise what I was up against and I think mine may be a bit too simple! 
It will be fun to see how they choose the winner and I loved reading the other case studies :) (I'll be discussing "How there would be no Facebook without the Dutch" a bit further in another post!)

xxx

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. That is beyond cool. Congratulations and the best of luck to you!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    I just found your blog, and I love it!
    I followed you :)
    Check out my blog, It’s a Love Story and follow me! Please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys! Will be posting about the iStrategy conference soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig