November 22, 2011

Featured Artist: Trini Talent Anya Ayoung-Chee

So I'm a bit behind on the Project Runway hype because I haven't had a chance to blog about it yet but I want to congratulate the winner Anya Ayoung-Chee from Trinidad & Tobago!


I got caught up in the excitement after I was asked to help her win by retweeting her #PR9anya hastag on Twitter and have been following her ever since. She seems like a down to earth island girl with a big personality and serious determination and we all love to see a West Indian do well for themselves.This is such a huge accomplishment for the talented lady who fought her way to the top; the former beauty queen was at odds with the judges because at first they couldn't believe that she had taught herself to sew so well (in 4 months)! 
Her winning designs are so beautiful; a true reflection of Caribbean colour and vibrancy with a sophisticated twist. She's busy setting up an Internet retail site in time for the holidays and helping those in need. "I will start a microfinance loan...to support young, creative people in the Caribbean," she says. "It's an unsupported region of commerce, so I'm excited to start that." Here are some of my favourites from her NY Fashion Week challenge:


Can't wait to see more of her work! 

XXX


PS: If you're reading this please help me out by becoming a follower of this blog! Not sure as to how to do this? Click here and I'll show you :)



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig