November 4, 2011

How to Follow a blog*

Yay! So I think I've gotten everything under control and my blog is on it's way to a full recovery. I now have a gazillion little gadgets on here that will allow everyone to follow Skip to Malou* in various ways. I'm in the process of changing my blog a little bit and adding some new features so bare with me...I won't' be posting very much over the next week as I get the new things ready.

This "How to" doesn't just apply to my blog but everyone out there on Blogger. I've had loads of people ask me how to follow a blog exactly as the concept is new to them & sometimes a bit confusing. 

Fear not, it's really easy :) 

One of the strangest thing about blogging is writing to an anonymous audience; it's not like Facebook where you can get instant feedback from friends. Sometimes it's difficult to gauge how a post is received.

 Of course reading the blog regularly helps too but by following a blog using Google Friends Connect or any of the other options given on a blog, you're giving the blog author a boost and a chance to develop the blog further. This includes linking to other blogs with similar tastes, audiences and generally gaining more traffic to the blog site with comments and feedback as well. Thank you to all those who have been following my blog so far :) And thanks to those who don't follow but read it and keep my traffic up!


I sometimes chat to people about something (not knowing they read Skip to Malou*) and am surprised to hear that they've seen or read my posts on the topic. Discussing what people think of post topics, be it negative or positive, is all part of the fun. Boys are a bit harder to read as an 'audience' for me and it's always pleasantly surprising to see what they consider interesting (Sometimes this includes puppies...they even liked the posts on ballerinas)

So what I'm trying to say is:

More 'followers' & feedback = better blog!

Here's a simple way to follow Skip to Malou* or any other Blogger/blogspot blog using Gmail/Twitter/Yahoo/OpenID/AIM/Netlog:


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. this is such a good idea! i have alot of friends on facebook who "follow" without following...since it is a little tricky if you don't know what your doing! i'm definitely going to make a little how to like this :) what a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah :) I hope this kind of stuff helps everyone out! Thanks for following! XO

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig