January 18, 2012

Bucket list

Every new year I make a mini list of places I'd like to (realistically) visit in the course of that year but a conversation with my friends got me thinking about posting a lifetime bucket list. Tasha over at Love Design* made her own list since then and some of our ideas are quite similar. Here is a random selection of a few things I'd like to do, places I'd like to go, people I'd like to meet, things I'd like to see in 2012 and beyond...

1. Go crazy with paint in an empty, white walled room


Flick it, smear it, throw it, spit it, roll in it, smudge it...get dirty with it. Similar to a 6th form assignment we had once with one of my favourite teachers Mrs.Spink; going crazy on a white sheet of canvas, blindfolded whilst listening to Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. 

2. Wingsuit flying


Call me crazy but this is on the top of my list of things to do before I die - unfortunately it requires the experience of at least 200 skydives so it looks like I'll ticking that box at age 75 

3. Photograph the following:


4. Keep quiet for a week

Another 'call me crazy' idea considering I'm a chatterbox but visiting an Ashram in India is definitely on here.

5. Swim with sharks + my BFF Christina


I reckon she'd be a safe person to go with because she's a lot smaller than me and generally considered bite size.

6. Use my 21st birthday ticket and make a world trip

Pack a (small) bag and leave everything for a year with an open round-the-world ticket.

7. Start my own charity in Barbados
Aimed at helping children on the island


8. Have lunch with one (or all) of the following:


9. Fly a plane


Aviation runs in the family; my mum was a stewardess for many years and now runs an airline management company, my stepdad is a captain and one of my brothers has recently qualified as a pilot. Where does that leave me? In the back seat apparently! Flying sounds amazing and I'd love to give it a go.

10. Witness the birth of a baby



 12. Learn a third language


Preferably Chinese or Arabic but it also depends on where I end up living eventually - could be useful for avoiding situations like this again in Shanghai.

13. Complete the Dakar Challenge or a similar cross country rally


The ultimate roadtrip to somewhere like China or across South America 

14. And, finally....Swim in a pool of cooked noodles


Inspired by this scene from "Patch Adams" - Just imagine! :)

*Images 2|3|4|6|8 & 9 via Pinterest

I also asked friends what would be on their bucket list and these are some of their cool ideas:

-Drop a large stack of plates
- Have a Champagne bubble bath
-Wearing a diving mask and rubber overalls, join in a really messy food fight that involves yoghurt and lots of sauces
- Swimming with dolphins
- Surf in Hawaii
- Indulge in cakes from all over the world for one day
- Join a flash mob
- Eat in the most expensive restaurant in the world
- Live in a bubble under the sea
- Drive Route 66
- Become somewhat of a wine connoisseur 
- Shave my head
- Pull the emergency lever on a train
-Scream at the top of my lungs in a church 
- Dive into a frozen lake
- Spend the entire day naked
- Walk to the centre of a volcano crater
- Base jump (crazy brother)
- Get a tattoo (but don't tell mum)
- Swim the Dead Sea


What's on your bucket list?

XXX
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great post and great bucket list! One thing on my bucket list - bungee jump off the Victoria Falls Bridge in Zambia! X

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig