March 6, 2012

Kony 2012



Many of us watch on average 5 lighthearted, funny or silly clips online everyday in between our Facebook stalking, blogging, browsing and recreational media usage. Today, along with that make sure to take the half an hour needed to watch this clip; I promise you it's worth your time.


This campaign was started by Invisible Children and aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice. 

This video represents everything our new media generation is about; hope, unity and using the power of grassroots, social media platforms to be heard and bring about change. I'm sure my Political Communications classmates will love it because it has everything we study and analyse wrapped into one incredibly well presented strategy using a fantastic video (love the 3D modeling), website and inspirational social interaction

I don't need to say more about the Kony 2012 campaign if you've taken the time to watch this, except that you should visit their website for more information.


They wanted viral and I'm pretty sure they're going to get a lot more than that.




XXX
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. oh my God..it is moving and amazingly done.
    loved it. made me think of a person i met who escaped the child-soldier path by leaving angola years ago. it is a weird feeling when u actually meet sb like that.
    Thanks for the post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Malou,
    When can you come (with your class?) for a Visit to the ICC?
    Just let me know,
    Love Maud

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you posted this. I wanted to blog about it (and might still do yet) but have not had the time/energy combination required. I am in total awe at the speed with which this has spread; it says SO much about the way politics happens today. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig