March 18, 2012

Undutchable: Canal Cruisin'


I love last minute change of plans; especially when they make you drop what you're doing and join some friends on a cruise around Amsterdam. It was overcast and chilly but cozy and warm at the same time; puttering along the canals as the sun went down, we got glimpses of everyone else's Saturday afternoons thanks to massive windows with no curtains (It's a Dutch thing: during the war they were made to keep everything in full view, to ensure that they weren't hiding anyone and they've kept up the habit)


It was a welcomed distraction on St.Paddy's Day :)

XXX

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. These photos are SO beautiful.. I definitely would love to visit Amsterdam someday! Thank you for your sweet comment dear, I'm following you right back xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! My dream is to take my daughters to Holland and see Anne Frank's house.

    I'm visiting from Sunday Snapshots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Looks like a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig