April 6, 2012

Guest post: Paris plan*


I'm in Paris for the weekend and Sam from Something Samarah has come up with the perfect itinerary for us!

Easter weekend is soon upon us and most plan to escape the city in

search of the perfect mini break. I on the other hand, am having a bit
of a London stay-cation.



Whilst I am happy to stay put I did get a slight pang of jealously as
a couple of my good friends head across the channel to the city that's
forever chic. To counter act my envy I have made list of a few things
I would get up to if I were joining the two crazy blondes on their
Paris mini break.



1) Grab a glass of bubbly at the Champagne bar at London's Kings
Cross, after all we all need to set the mood.


2) Stroll through the Tuileries gardens to experience Japanese artist
Yayoi Kusama's  'Flowers that Bloom at Midnight', and while we are
right there pop in to the Pavillon des Arts et du Design, a modern art
and design fair hosted in the same Tuileries gardens.




3) A visit to Androuet Fromagerie, where Androuet selects and matures
by himself handcrafted and farm cheeses, raw milk cheeses (YES!), from
the best localities and best cheese makers in France.

4) Get 'lost' in Montmartre.




5) Pay ceramic shop Le Petit Atelier De Paris a visit.



6) Easter Sunday Mass at Notre Dame cathedral, I am not Catholic but
the little blonde would appreciate it and it would be a beautiful
experience.



7) A stroll along the Avenue des Champs-Élysées, just because.



8) Pop in to the Centre Pompidou.


9)  Musee d'Orsay which boasts the best collection of impressionists
paintings in the world, but that aside it a beautiful space.





10)  And if the weather is amazing hop on a bike and cycle around the
city; after all, we need to justify all the wine and cheese consumed!

XXX


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig