April 9, 2012

Manic Monday: Bloggy Birthday*


1 year ago I started publicly publishing my posts on Skip to Malou*

It's a bit of a crazy concept for me...Where has the last year gone?

This blog has become a strange part of my life and I love the ideas, opportunities and inspiration it's brought about. I've met some amazing people, discussed some crazy things and shared more than ever before along the way. 

Those who read Skip to Malou* from all over mean so much to me; I get a kick out of having someone comment or mention my blog and I like hearing what they think about something I've posted. They've scrutinized, criticized and picked my posts apart sometimes and I love it. I feel like I've achieved a purpose by prompting further discussion/debate/conversation either online or offline. 

It was also a natural progression from my travel blog because I loved documenting the wonderful (and if not wonderful then interesting enough to share) experiences I was having and wanted to continuing sharing with others. It's been a lot of work too...I'm quite OCD particular and if I want something a certain way I'll keep trying until it works.This isn't ideal at the best of times, far less when deciphering code or figuring out how to do certain things.

It's been a massive distraction, an outlet and a comfort all at the same time.
Sometimes having to find a source can be frustrating, figuring out what it is I'm trying to relay can be challenging and staying on the path of what it is I want to portray can be confusing.

I'm inspired by other bloggers who have great style, content and ideas and I love the positive attitude and support of the blogger community. 
'Revamping' and reshaping Skip to Malou* has taken a lot of blood, sweat and tears and it's not nearly finished. I don't think it will ever be 'finished' really; it's a continuous work in progress. 

Thank you to everyone who's given a little bit of love to Skip to Malou* over the last year and shown their support by reading, sharing, critiquing and following this blog; it really means a lot to me.

XXX

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. happy bloggy birthday! what a milestone - congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Blogging Birthday! Mine's coming up soon - wow - where has the time gone??? :-)
    xoxo from the Houston airport!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig