April 26, 2012

Orange Friday*




I have a 4 day date coming up with 3 great gals from London this weekend. They're hopping across the channel to celebrate Queen's Day with me and my friends in Amsterdam - the biggest street party in the world which celebrates the Queen Mother's birthday. I can't quite stress enough how much the Dutch love orange; it's the national colour because the royal house was known as the House of Orange (named after a region in France) and they're just crazy about it. This outfit is a toned down version of what we'll be wearing come Monday; I'm trying to convince the girls that we will blend in amongst the sea of tangerines by wearing such a ridiculous colour combo! Our actual outfits will include false lashes, hats and bright, crazy sunglasses.

Have a great weekend!

XXX
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. ahh it sounds like you have a really fun weekend ahead of you.
    i'm loving the colour orange at the moment, expecially when combined with pink.
    have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love orange, sounds like a fab weekend ahead!

    Laura xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that sounds like sooooooo much fun and lots and lots of craziness!!!!!!!!!!! Have a FABULOUS time!!!! Street parties are always so much fun! I got to enjoy St. Patty's Day in Savannah this year and it was a blast so I'm sure Amsterdam will be like 10 times crazier! Love all the orange!!!! Haha, hope you guys have fun putting together wild orange outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this bright look! Would love that bag! Happy Friday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like so much fun!! I'm sure you'll look fabulous in your tangerine :) LOVE that orange and pink bag btw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in LOVE with this orange - especially the scarf! What a cute, amazing outfit. Love your style, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig