May 8, 2012

M.I.A

Here I was thinking I'd have all the time in the world once I finished classes and yet I've been on the go non-stop ever since. I've been easing up on the whole blogging thing recently for a few reasons:

Applications - All internship deadlines seem to conveniently be around the same time which leads to last minute spazz attacks and lots of stress on my part (Typical) Filling out these apps is a great experience though - they all ask these in depth questions about yourself and your goals in life - and I'm excited to see where I'll end up after/during summer.



Travel - I shouldn't sound like I'm complaining about this but I'm stressing out a bit trying to plan my next big trip for this year. The greatest luxury I have as a student is time (though not right now it seems) and planning a trip takes up lots of this. Budget also plays a huge part in deciding on where to go of course and seems to be the key factor in helping me decide what 2012 will bring. 


Friends - Some of my closest friends have been over to the Dam to visit me recently; we've been partying our asses of, drinking too much coffee, wandering around the city and indulging in all that Amsterdam has to offer.  It's been so exhausting and wonderful.


Queen's Day ♛ - The Netherlands celebrated the Queen's birthday last week with one of the biggest street parties in the world. We were dressed head-to-toe in bright orange and had one of the best days in a long time! I'm still recovering...more on this later, with pictures and inappropriate videos to boot.


Cinema pass - I treated myself to a cinema subscription; 20 euros a month for unlimited movies at the local Dutch cinema which also shows foreign films. I couldn't quite believe it and I've been lapping it up, watching about 2 films a week with my cousin. Before this I hadn't been to the cinema in over a year and I had a long list of movies to catch up on! Luckily most American films come out later in Amsterdam so I'm able to watch the 'it' films of 2011/2012! My favourite so far is "Extremely Loud, Incredibly Close" - if you haven't already seen, I'd definitely recommend it. It's very touching and beautifully done.


Babies - To earn my travel money I nanny for different expat families in Amsterdam; I love kids and still can't believe I get paid to play with them and have a good time. I've had some horrible little monsters over the last few months as well though and I'm pretty sure I could start a blog on nannying alone with the things I've gone through. These kids come up with some of the most hilarious, gut wrenching and heart warming things I've ever heard. 



HTML/FML - I know I've moaned about this a few times now but I'm still not finished with this blog's new layout. Bits and pieces will be added over the next few weeks as I try to figure out what it is I want exactly. I'm hoping it will somehow all come together. Fingers crossed.


I hope this justifies my lack of blogging but I'm kidding myself to think anyone really cares that much. I hate to do things 'half ass' as Bajans would say - I'm not up for just posting for the sake of it. So for now, I'm keeping it simple and posting whenever I get the chance.

Love hearing from you all and I do read my favourite blogs daily so keep the good stuff coming :)

XXX


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. LOVED that movie. It really moved me.
    I admire you if you can still have travel money left from your part-time jobs!!
    #my travel list is LOOOOOOOOOONG and the budget is just not there lol

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig