May 20, 2012

Splendid Sunday Snapshots*

My Sunday in snapshots:


1. Chelsea Chaos
Strolling through Chelsea to the tube this morning was a sea of blue and white thanks to the fact that the local team won the Champions League final. We skidaddled out of there and missed the crazy football crowds but got a glimpse of the build up to the celebratory parade.


2. Camden 
Sarah and Lucas are fellow foodies and we sampled jerk chicken, fresh fried calamari, kangaroo burgers and Armenian nibbles at the Camden international food market. As I tried to identify all the sweet smells I couldn't help but wonder why there isn't something like this in Amsterdam {Or have I been missing it all this time?}


3. Lunch with some of my favourite people

For Alfie's birthday we went to the York & Albany townhouse hotel in Camden. Some of the yumminess included dirty martinis & cheeky G&Ts, salmon ceviche {the colourful plate was delicious!}, chorizo & octopus {a surprising & tasty combo}, a homemade burger, deepfried whitebait {a British thing I've never understood} & pretty-damn-amazing deserts {I was too distracted to photograph my pineapple tarte with rum& pistachio ice cream} It was a great afternoon and I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!

XXX

SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Wonderful set - looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great day for fun and photos. I love that you have pictures of your favorite people too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. u changed camera? the pics look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice series of images! love the bright colors of food and drink and those blues, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, dirty martinis! It's been years since I've had one! I'm salivating over here for one. I'm not an alcoholic, promise! :o) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set this week! Happy hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...what a great shot of pictures. The food looked divine!!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig