August 30, 2013

Bye Phone, hiPhone

The downside to being a student is living on a budget. Cheap meals and deals are the norm and my love of gadgets had to take a backseat until I got a proper job. I hadn't planned on buying a new phone for awhile but things took a turn for the worst when my ancient Blackberry decided to kick the bucket. I must admit, the thought of reverting to an old Nokia lying around did appeal to me because of 'Snake' but I knew I'd feel lost without Whatsapp and Twitter. I needed a functional smart phone (This is so #YGen of me)
In stepped a great gal who lent me her old iPhone 3 to use until I could get the money together for a new one. She didn't quite realize how much this meant to me but I was so excited for the upgrade. 




I felt like a kid at Christmas; very few can understand the joy of finally discovering what a real smart phone is supposed to do. Granted, I'm not the biggest fan of Apple products but it was a welcome change from my old Blackberry; it didn't freeze, it didn't die and it took semi-identifiable photos! (I say semi, because I did send a few foodie shots to friends, which were met with a 'what the hell is that blurry blob?!')
THEN, things just kept getting better. My friend needed her phone back and in stepped another awesome friend, who replaced it with her iPhone 4! Some of you may be sitting there laughing as you smugly stroke you iPhone 5 (or 5s) but I am over the moon with this phone. It takes amazing photos, works well and I can indulge in almost every App imaginable. Gone are the days of scrambling for my camera to record a memorable moment. I can now whip out my phone and take the shot (Once they stand still) I can also join in on the Snapchat selfie fun and SKYPE on the 3G network. Ah-mazing.


Have I totally converted to Apple products? Not really. Given the choice and the budget, I would pick the new waterproof Samsung over an iPhone (that deserves it's own post) but I have never been so fond of my phone - I love it for its functionality and sentimental value.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Yay for new phone! You have some awesome friends girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig