November 27, 2013

First time for everything



These past few weeks have been a whirlwind of incredible 'firsts' for me - I launched my first start-up, I won my first business pitch, I'm taking my first trip for the year, I'm going to experience my first Thanksgiving, my first Chanukah, as well as my first bite of the Big Apple. On, and as my friends so subtly pointed out to me, I just posted my first 'Couples' photo with J on social media (#lame). It's also the first time that I've had ZERO chance to sit down and blog about my upcoming travels, even though I had a million and one questions to ask everyone; like what to do for Thanksgiving, tips for a Chanukah newbie and of course, New York! 

We're going to spend 'Thanksgivvukah' (Thanksgiving and Chanukah fall at the same time this year) with J's family in New Jersey and we're then popping over to New York for my birthday a few days later. I can't wait to meet everyone and indulge in all things Jewish and American. It's going to be an overdose of family, food and festivities - I'm so excited I could pee myself.


Things are also a little different this time because I've left a lot of the New York travel planning to J. It's our first trip together and he's been to New York a million times before, so I figured it was a safe bet leaving him to plan what we're doing while there (his sister will laugh when she reads this). My only requests were that we try as many different foods as possible, avoid queues and attempt to visit the following:


- the MOMA
- Central Park
- the High Line

J has decided to take it a step further and keep our itinerary a secret, especially on my birthday...my inner control freak is silently tripping but I have faith in his sense of adventure (and in his family and friends who can help if the planning goes tits up). We're only there for a few days this time so I'm hoping we can thoroughly enjoy a few things rather than try to pack too much in at once. Leaving things on the 'NYC to-do' list is also the perfect excuse to visit again in the Spring :)

I'm apologising in advance for inundating your feeds with photos on Insta and Twitter in the coming days.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. If you have time, make sure to check out the 'Top Of The Rock' at the Rockefeller Center! Great views of the city! Hope you're having an ah-mazing time :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig