January 3, 2014

Carnival Countdown


The start of the new year set off certain alarm bells: T-2 months until Trinidad Carnival.

A few of you may have read my posts about Notting Hill in London, Kadooment here in Barbados and my previous attempts at 'dieting', but Trinidad Carnival is a whole new kettle of fish. These people eat, sleep and breath Carnival and take it very seriously - I may also add that Trinidadian women are the most beautiful in the world, so I have to get my shit together if I'm going to show up next to any of them in a costume. I couldn't deny it any longer; a last minute-half-ass 'diet' wasn't going to work for me this time.


Luckily, J has been to Carnival about 4 times already, so he knows the drill and put together a pretty strict plan for us to follow these two months:

- Daily Exercise in the gym (Doubled up in the last month)
- No Carbs
- No Sugar
- No Alcohol
- A least 1ltr of water a day
- 3 solid meals a day, 2 snacks


This should be pretty straightforward, except that I have a serious sweet tooth. And I love pasta. And a glass bottle of wine here or there.

But more importantly, I love to feel good about myself  'on the road' and that's what should keep me going. Here in the Caribbean, we're always 'half naked', walking around in bikinis and showing our bodies on a weekly basis at the beach. I usually don't usually care too much about being 'super fit' because I'm comfortable enough with myself as I am, but when something like Carnival/Kadooment comes around, it's a different story. You're jumping around, dancing your ass off, and I personally don't like to feel like I'm jiggling all over the place. In the words of Snoop Dogg: I want to feel tanned, toned, fit and ready, so I'm these next two months I'm going to get fit or die trying...

Wish me luck.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. girl good luck here Carnival is in August so I have some time but I need to start feeling good about myself too.. I wish you all the luck I'm sure your going to looking HOT GIRL..!!
    _Bright

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig