Happy New Year!
2013 was an incredible year for me and I couldn't be more grateful to all of the amazing people who made it so special. Towards the end I started to reflect on all of the things that happened; the ups, the downs, the quirky moments in between and the ways in which I can better myself in 2014. I try to make a list of resolutions every year and revisit them throughout to make sure that I'm still on track. Here are a few of which I'd like to share with you:
1. Practice good time management: I'm notoriously late and I've come to realize how childish and disrespectful this is, so being punctual is on the top of my list.
2. Make more dreams a reality: 2013 was a beautiful mess of ideas, inspiration and action. I can't wait to take professional and personal projects to the next level this year.
3. Get fit or die trying: Dating a health freak this last year has been a big kick in the ass for me and I'm slowly learning to 'think healthy'. I'm also an uncoordinated flamingo at the best of times, so going to the gym is my worst nightmare. However, I'm committing to 2 months of solid, hardcore exercise and healthy eating in preparation for Trinidad Carnival the first weekend of March (Be prepared for copious posts on how much I miss Coke and Cappuccinos). After that, I'll keep it up enough to indulge in my favourite foods occasionally and still feel good about myself.
4. Take blogging & vlogging more seriously: I slacked off with blogging in 2013, and I'll blame that on my thesis and other distractions. I love this blog and need to give it some serious TLC this year (Including the make over that I've been putting off FOREVER and a day now) I have SO many posts to catch up on!
5. Take a photography course & learn Photoshop: I'm always keen to add new skills and to improve other talents. I have a friend who's an avid photographer and I'm hoping to do more conceptual shoots with him this year! Having a buddy will push me to do it more and take it more seriously (Right Luke?)
6. Re Connect with friends: Having friends all over the world is a privilege and a pain in the ass but with Skype/FaceTime/Snapchat and Email, there's no excuse for them not to be a part of my life. I want to make more of an effort to keep in touch with all of my VIPs.
I hope there are more coffee breaks with friends, more days of unplugging, more beach waves and trips to foreign places in 2014. I hope there are more handwritten letters to be mailed and long phone calls with dear friends and family who live far away instead of sporadic text messages.