It's time to snap your best selfie!
We need your help with a breast cancer awareness campaign that's kicking off in Barbados this week, in aid of the Barbados Cancer Society.
What is this all about?
What is this all about?
The #nomakeupselfie started trending throughout social media in the UK on Tuesday as women posted pictures of themselves without make-up on Twitter and Facebook, and urged their friends to do the same.
Cancer awareness became the theme, selfie posters pledged donations to cancer charities and Cancer Research UK set up a text number to make donating even easier.
But the cancer charity did not kick-start the trend - it grew organically, making a huge impact on social media and getting attention in national newspapers and on radio and TV news. To date, the campaign has raised over 2 million pounds for Cancer Research UK!
How can Bajans get involved?
We're bringing #nomakeupselfie to Barbados! LIME has come on board and is offering a $5 shortcode (8690) for all LIME customers. Each text donates the entire $5 to the Barbados Cancer Society. This offer is only available to LIME customers between now and April 4th, but that doesn't mean we can't all do our part to get others involved! Don't forget, guys love a good selfie as much as the ladies do, so be sure to get them to join in the fun!
What do I need to do?
1. Text "Bare Beauty" to 8690. Your LIME account will be charged $5.00 - whether postpaid or pre paid. Here's a step by step guide on how to send this text. No LIME? No problem. Just ask a friend with a LIME account to send a text on your behalf!
2. Take a photo of yourself (a 'selfie') with no make up, anywhere, anyhow. You can be as silly, serious and creative as you'd like! Share this on any platform you'd like: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, E-mail, using the #nomakeupselfie and #barebeauty. Here are some tips on taking a good selfie.
3. Nominate and tag 5 friends to do the same on social media and spread the word!
4. Remember to include the shortcode in your message on social media, so that everyone knows how they can get involved in the fun!
5. Send this email to any person, organisation or company who you think would like to get involved in the cause. The possibilities are endless, so let's try our best to raise as much money as possible before April 4th!
You can get in touch with me via my Facebook Page if you have any questions.