April 9, 2014

Happy 4th Bloggy Birthday


I caught myself telling someone that this blog is now 4 years old, and I couldn't quite believe what I was saying. I know it's not a big deal to some, but it's been a part of my life for long enough that it's like a young child. A child that needs constant love and attention in order to grow and develop. Just like raising a child, you can't be fooled into thinking that blogging is all fun & nice pictures. A successful blog takes a LOT of work, and sometimes I wonder where I find the time to do it and how I can be better at it. I envy those who can blog consistently without posting crap, and those bloggers who seem to have it all together. How do they DO it?! It used to be my favourite procrastinating tool, but now that I take it a bit more seriously I tend to get stressed out about it (and I turn to Pinterest instead). Nobody wants to read a half ass post, or to read about the boring stuff I get up to, so I gotta stay on top of my game if I'm going to consider myself a real 'blogger'. That means setting aside time to do it properly, to think about what I write, and to try my best to bring some value (or entertainment) to every person who reads my posts. 

My feelings towards this blog and blogging in general haven't changed that much since my 'blogiversary' post in 2012, and I don't want to end up repeating myself, so you can read a bit more on that here. Clearly, my love of cute dogs wearing silly party hats hasn't matured either.

Thank you to everyone who's given a little bit of love to Skip to Malou* over the years and shown their support by reading, sharing, critiquing and following this blog; it really means a lot to me.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig