July 21, 2014

Monochrome Mermaids


Now that I have a phone with a pretty cool camera, I've become a bit lazy when it comes to taking photos. I don't use my DSLR as often, and my waterproof Olympus was collecting dust *shame* 
I have no excuses really, so I decided to challenge myself to some new underwater concept shots yesterday. I wanted something a bit different to our usual bright, Caribbean style photos and was inspired by award winning photographer, Morgan Massen, who I recently started following on Instagram.


Sheens and her friend Candace (who was visiting from the US) were my muses as we jumped, dove and fooled around in the water. Poor Candace didn't know what she was in for when I first said I was feeling inspired and wanted them to 'get their mermaid on'...

Thanks to their efforts, we got some surreal, moody looking images, despite the water being bright blue. When I first saw them, they reminded me of prayer positions, as if Sheena was in some sort of trance but every time I look at them I sense something different. What do you think?
Here are some of my favourites:


The last two photos were taken by Sheena

I have a few more quirky concept shoots in mind, so if anyone reading this is interesting in taking part, please get in touch!


SHARE:

1 comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig