August 12, 2015

Annual Curator's Meeting in Geneva

After a whirlwind week recovering from Crop Over, it's time to get serious again.
As I type this, my hands are shaking because I'm so excited for the week ahead! I'm going to Genevaaaaaaaaaaa!

Since 2013, I have been a part of the Global Shapers network and at the beginning of July I took over as the Curator/President of the Bridgetown Hub. You can read more about the Hub here.
The Global Shapers Community is unique in its reliance on empowered young people to shape and lead their Hubs under the guidance of the Community Charter. Each Hub is organized in an autonomous way under a Curatorship. The Curator is the functional lead of the Hub for one year, with a mandate starting on 1 July and ending on 30 June.


Once a year, the current Curators are brought together in Geneva in order to discuss the purpose, mission, values and culture of the Community in order to ensure the success and sustainability of each Hub and the greater network at an event called the “Annual Curators Meeting”. The Meeting provides an opportunity for the next generation of Curators to exchange best practices on relevant issues, from selecting Shapers to Hub Governance, to exchange insights with World Economic Forum colleagues on varied regional issues and pressing world challenges, and an opportunity for Curators to create local impact in the host city of Geneva by serving the local community. 
I was fortunate enough to be sponsored by the World Economic Forum this year and I will be in Geneva from Aug 13th - 17th!
I can't help but expect it to be similar to my life changing One Young World experience and even if it isn't, I am so honoured to represent Barbados as part of a community that I feel very strongly about.


This will be my first time in Geneva and I know that the Geneva Shapers have a packed itinerary planned for us so I can't wait to see what's in store. Thought we won't have much spare time to ourselves, I'd appreciate any tips and tricks for those who may be familiar with the city in case I get a chance to explore. Especially food, ANY food suggestions are encouraged :)
I'll be tweeting and posting as much as possible, so follow along via @skiptomalouuu and skiptomalouuu on Instagram.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig