September 9, 2015

From Hong Kong to New Delhi

Image of Hong Kong via 
It's 5:45 am: I'm currently typing away and sipping a much needed coffee at Hong Kong International Airport, after a 15 hour flight from Los Angeles with two screaming (but adorable) babies sitting on either side of me. I'm frantically trying to catch up on a few things before heading out to explore the city on a 12 hour layover. I say this to warn you of any rambling or typos coming up...

As a rule, I don't generally sit down to write any blog posts during my trips, as I like to be as 'unplugged' as possible (even though I'm snapping away on my cameras like a maniac wherever I go - I know you're rolling your eyes at this Zo) but this time, things got a bit out of hand and I flung myself into 2.5 months of travel with a lot less planning than I am used to. 

Luckily, J and I have incredible friends and family who pretty much showed us one of the best trips we've ever had; our West Coast adventure was nothing short of amazing. (Follow up posts on this coming up soon! I'll be better than I was with our Euro trip last year, I promise).



One of my favourite aspects of travel blogging is asking for advice from my Facebook/blogger community before I travel, whether it's via Facebook, my blog or Twitter, so I can plan a robust itinerary comprised of local favourites and popular 'must dos'.
Usually, I'm better organised and have a few posts scheduled before my trip but this time around I feel like I'm missing out by not getting the inside scoop on some of the places I've been/plan on going to.
With all of this said, I'm asking for your advice (food related & less 'touristy' activities in particular) on the following places in India, where I will be for the next month with my good friend Samarah (more on this later!):
  • New Delhi
  • Agra
  • Varanasi
  • Udipur
  • Mumbai

Are any of my readers familiar with these places? Anyone up for meeting up or putting me in touch with anyone local to these areas?


Thanks for your feedback on my summer travel posts and photos so far, it really means a lot to me! I always appreciate hearing from those who read this blog and take the time to share their opinions and knowledge with me.

With that, I'm off to check out Hong Kong in a nutshell. Any last minute suggestions? You can reach me at @skiptomalouuu

Next stop: New Delhi!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig