August 10, 2017

Crop Over Chronicles: Crop Over 2K17


Sorting through Crop Over photos and videos is always bittersweet, but here are some highlights of our Crop Over season, as well as Kadooment day itself.

We had such a great, groovy time this year, which seemed very 'tame' in comparison with previous summers.
Both J and I had various commitments over the summer and the rising cost of parties, coupled with other travel plans that we had made, forced us to 'prioritise' our crop over schedule this year and keep it short and sweet #paradiseproblems

Favourites included 'Fyah De Wuk', J'ouvert and Kadooment day itself, which we celebrate with our Mix Nutz crew in Baje. Here's a Crop Over 2017 playlist that a group of my friends put together!

I'll be doing a separate post on my Kadooment costume as it was a pretty rushed DIY project this year and I'll be sharing the process with you, from sourcing feathers to putting together my collar and painting my swimsuit the night before we hit the road. It wasn't quite what I had envisioned but it all worked out in the end and my costume survived the day (which is always a plus!) My costume was super tame in comparison to some of the works of art on the road, including Ms.Barbados herself, Queen Rhi Rhi.

A post shared by badgalriri (@badgalriri) on


Crop Over is by far one of my favourite times of year, everyone is in such a great mood and there's just so much going on. It's one of the perks of island living!

If you're thinking about joining us for Crop Over next year and you aren't quite sure where to start, here's a post explaining what Crop Over and Kadooment is all about, with some info on the various bands and parties (Which I will be updating as things change for 2018)



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig